Resolved; to live as who I am

 

Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Philippians 3:16 ESV

            In Christ we have attained perfection, not as Paul says earlier that even the very best of us, Paul himself, have obtained perfection, but are to be striving towards it as a runner who expects to win: 3:12-21. This instruction is so oft repeated in scripture and the power of God which is behind it so frequently brought in view that to fully disclose the matter would be to quote the full canon. Jesus died that we might live John 3:16, etc. and live we ought then for we have the life of Christ in us, John 15:5.

            Now if you will make resolves at this or any other time let them be such as glorify God and recognize who you are in Him. I recommend to you only one resolution which is easily found in scripture, and may be formulated in many ways, but here is powerfully given by Paul under inspiration by God that we live as who we truly are in Christ.  

Prayer

Father You have given us life, so let us live it to Your glory. In Christ’s name we pray. Amen.

Songs

Jesus I my cross have taken

I was a wondering sheep

I have decided to follow Jesus (This song takes for its lyrics the words of a martyr.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Against work addiction

Up and ahead

Let me tell you something you already know